Monday, October 10, 2011

Puppies are like babies...

Over the weekend we attended my friend Katie's co-ed baby shower. It sounds like a horrible time but it was actually a lot of fun. I'm pretty sure it was because it was a halloween themed party that really didn't have much to do with babies other than the fact that there were a few presents involved and a few new moms. Which brings me to the subject of this post...Puppies are like babies.

Some of the moms were talking about starting a "Mommy blog." When I asked what they planned to talk about I was told "Mommy things." I asked for an example and my friend Amelia gave me the "Chevy's" story. While at Chevy's Amelia and her husband Steven took their son to dinner. To make a long story short, their son pooped his pants and it leaked from his diaper to the floor. They were horrified and as discretely as possible left Chevy's after cleaning up his mess. I won't give any more details as I don't want to steal content from their future blog, but it was in this moment when I realized that puppies are like babies. You see a few weeks ago I experienced a similar story with my friend Grace and my puppy Jackson.

Grace and I recently went to lunch in Santana Row. We took Jackson as I am trying to "socialize" him (my personal excuse to bring my dog everywhere). Jackson was such a good boy and sat right underneath our table while we ate lunch. After finishing our meal we decided be good citizens and stimulate the economy. We showed Jackson several spots outside where he could "potty" but he didn't go so we figured it was safe to shop. We were wrong. We were in Sur La Table browsing for a present for Grace's sisters birthday and there it went. Jackson popped a squat and wizzed underneath a store display. We cleaned it up to the best of our ability and quickly snuck out of the store.

And hence we learned that puppies, will explode unpredictably at the most inopportune time...and so will babies.



No comments:

Post a Comment