Thursday, February 23, 2012

Hey blog...I'm sorry

Dear blog,

I'm sorry for neglecting you. I know it's been a while. Since yesterday was Ash Wednesday, I've decided that I'm going to give up neglecting you for the next 40 days. Let's see if I can be a good Catholic.

My first topic at hand is very fitting...shoes. I recently received a pair of shoes that I ordered from Shoemint. Shoemint is Rachel Bilson's line of shoes. She teamed with Steve Madden to create a subscription shoe service. For those of you who don't know, I love Rachel Bilson. I have what is commonly referred to as a "girl crush" on her. Her style is fabulous. She's beautiful. Not to mention her hair. But I digress...back to Shoemint. I had wonderful expectations for Shoemint. They look amazing on the website and by gosh...a monthly subscription to shoes, why not?

So far I'm less than impressed with my first purchase. Upon opening the box of what I expected to be the "perfect black pump," I viewed what was nothing more than a semi-cheap (yet still cute) pair of shoes. After 8 hours of wear around my office I found them almost unbearable to wear. I also found them to scuff easily. They were also a smidge too big and therefore I almost it several times walking up and down the stairs...ok just walking in general. This I cannot necessarily blame on the shoes since I have walking problems in general.

I may however be able to salvage my first purchase with a pair of Dr. Scholls insoles. Those things can work wonders. Overall though, I think I'll maybe give Shoemint another month (OK I already accidentally got charged for another month) and then I'll be canceling my membership. Sorry Rachel, your beauty can't save you here.

No comments:

Post a Comment