Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Wedding Thoughts

So I'm thinking that some wedding traditions may need to be thrown out at our wedding.  I am not so sure about wedding veils.  I might be more of a flower in the hair type gal or maybe even a headband or a side pony (assuming my hair decides to grow).  Veils make me feel like I'm an adult and being and adult makes me feel old.  Yes, I have paid my own bills for years now, but I'm pretty sure that I'm not an adult.  After all, I have been known to have wine parties on Wednesdays that involve working on Thursday and too much wine.  I won't even describe the details.


I'm also thinking that I may not be keen on wedding bouquets.  I love flowers in vases in my house, but I'm not sure I can really envision carrying one around.  I might need my hands for other, more practical things.  How about holding my dads arm?  Or maybe waving like a beauty queen as I walk down the aisle.  I've just about perfected the wave.    

4 comments:

  1. I agree that flowers would be better for you than a vail, although I didn't want a vail till I tried one on with the dress. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. i actually really like mantillas, which are a slightly different kind of veil. more spanish/old world. here's a nice example: http://www.headpieceheaven.com/files/mantilla3a.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check out this bouquet instead: http://www.marthastewartweddings.com/article/laura-butterfly-bouquet?lnc=00e72f09fba1d110VgnVCM1000003d370a0aRCRD

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome! Love the butterflies! (Yes I just noticed all the comments.)

    ReplyDelete