Thursday, November 19, 2009

Soft and Skinny?

I've been debating for some time, purchasing the P90X system.  My dilemma is this. 


Recently with the help of Weight Watchers and my completely Type A personality I have been able to lose some weight without the help of exercise.  I do LOVE my Zumba class but even Zumba has failed to motivate me lately.  I know some of the loss is due to my loss of muscle but I like to think that for the first time in my life I actually look petite and have small shoulders.  Those of you who were not on a swim team growing up have not experienced the peculiar and large shape that swimming can give you.  Even some of you who might have been on the swim team but don't happen to be "blessed" with the ability to grow muscle like algae grows in a pond, won't understand what I mean.  My entire life I was jealous of the girls with the skinny petite arms and shoulders and finally, I'm almost there.  Yes it might be due to the fact that I've let myself get soft, but is it worth it?  My fear is that the P90X program will quite possibly make me look like I'm once again going for the gold, only this time, instead of high school swimming, it's professional body building. 


On the other side, all I can think of is the snow and how completely out of shape I'll be this winter if I don't do something soon.  Snowboarding isn't nearly as fun if you are literally shaking in your boots all day.  I'm most likely going to make this purchase today and try it out.  It's also my sneaky way of bringing the gym to Justin.  I can't be the only one in our household looking utterly ridiculous in front of the TV.  Who knows, maybe even Bella can join in the fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment